Joe Tigner always tries to find the best deals for customers, he just hasn’t always been with the customer from the beginning.
Nineteen years ago this month, Hubbard's only grocery store was destroyed by a natural gas explosion. The town went without a local store for the better part of a year until a group of locals stepped up to build a new one and an owner was found.
A contest aimed at collecting aerial footage of Hardin County to use for economic development and tourism purposes has pushed its entry deadline back by a year.
Grundy Center native John Freeman never knew he wanted to be a nursing care administrator until he really knew it. It took years for him to get there. On June 17, that path led him to Heritage Care Center (HCC) in Iowa Falls.
Food is a huge part of the culture in Puerto Rico. It’s a taste not readily had in this part of the United States, however. Iowa Falls has been lucky in that way, having already had one food truck offering the fare.
Church Women United Thrift Store is a lot closer to buying its new building after a $30,000 donation from Green Belt Bank & Trust last week.
A Webster City contractor with a long history of not finishing projects landed in Hardin County Jail Wednesday after he was arrested on a valid warrant for theft.
Norbys Farm Fleet officials have announced they will open their new Eldora store just in time for the holidays — on Nov. 25. .
One of the biggest barriers to business growth in rural Iowa is the shortage of workers. The state unemployment rate sits at just 2.5 percent, and population in small towns is stagnant or declining. Open positions often go unfilled, or take months or weeks to fill.
Lisa Leibold, like many people, has visions of what she wants to do. Unlike most, she doesn’t just let the idea roll around in her head. After Mediacom announced its move from 621 Washington Ave. in Iowa Falls to Scenic Crossings Town Center at 817 Washington Ave., she jumped on the vacated …
Tonya Ringena isn’t exactly a stranger to the area. The Nebraska-native sort of married into it.
It has been determined that sewer gas vented through the store was the cause of 14 Kwik Star employees being taken to the emergency room Oct. 13 and 14.