Almost eight months after Hansen Family Hospital pulled out as a partial owner of Greenbelt Home Care, the City of Eldora will do the same -- leaving Hardin County as the sole owners of GHC-Hardin County Health Services.

The Council voted unanimously, 4-0 (Councilman Bob John was absent), to pull out of its 25 percent ownership and deny GHC's request for just more than $75,000 to be used to offset employee healthcare costs. Until Tuesday's vote, Hardin County controlled the other 75 percent of GHC since July 1, 2018 when HFH pulled out.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.