Iowa Falls Fireworks (1).JPG

Eldora's new fireworks ordinance will require citizens to obtain a permit to use consumer fireworks.

Anyone wishing to discharge consumer grade fireworks inside Eldora city limits will now be required to obtain a permit from the City.

The Eldora City Council voted unanimously (Melody Hoy was absent) Tuesday night to require the new permits, which come with the stipulation that the property owner obtain pyrotechnic insurance that carries $250,000 in personal injury coverage, $50,000 in property damage coverage and $1,000,000 in total exposure coverage. The permit itself will cost $20 and is only valid at the specified property on the permit itself.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.