The first bell ever placed in a Hubbard church rings every day in the Lutheran church. It could have been a Methodist church or even a United Church of Christ. But it was the Lutherans, through a little creative construction, who won the right.
The Hardin County town was incorporated on Nov. 1, 1880, thanks to the railroad. Judge Nathaniel Hubbard, attorney for the railroad, promised a bell to the first church built that included a steeple.