Kwik Trip Gas Leak (12).JPG

A call of an apparent gas leak at the Iowa Falls Kwik Star, turned into three people being treated for expected carbon monoxide sickness. The call came in around 12:15 p.m. Wednesday. The Iowa Falls Fire Department, Iowa Falls EMS, and Iowa Falls Police Department were on site as store employees evacuated the building.

Alliant Energy personnel were also on hand and found no signs of a gas leak. The store reopened around 2 p.m. after a thorough search discovered a roof hatch had lodged and was pulling exhaust fumes into the building.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.