Adriane Kedekein

Ellsworth Community College sophomore Adriane Kedekein stands outside Thompson Hall dormitory next to some of the fallout from the Aug. 28 fire. Kedekein and classmate Isaiah Kono were forced to go to the hospital for smoke inhalation treatment after making sure everyone was out of danger.

When a fire broke out in the bowels of Thompson Hall dormitory on the Ellsworth campus two weeks ago, most residents didn't take it seriously until a pair of classmates came to the rescue.

Sophomores Adriane Kedekein and Isaiah Rono were so dedicated to making sure their classmates were safe, both eventually had to be treated at Hansen Family Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Isaiah Rono

Isaiah Rono helped clear students from a burning Thompson Hall dormitory.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.